Over the years, topics about sex and sexuality has been a delicate subject matter to talk about. Even the names of our body parts have been given other names. Everything goes back to sexual shame. And to avoid this, we have to first identify what we have and understand that it is part of our body.
This podcast is a bit different from the other ones that we have because today we have the founder and medical director of Novant Health, Dr. Alyse Kelly Jones to educate us more about sexual shame and women’s sexual wellness. She is a physician and a TEDx speaker where she shed light about sexual shame and other information that will certainly help, motivate, and inspire women.
Highlight from this episode:
– What is sexual shame and how to change that?
– The importance of being familiar with your body
– What will happen after menopausal?
– All about genitourinary syndrome of menopause (GSM)
– The significant role of sex therapists and physical therapists
– Valuing being familiar with your body
– Tips from Dr. Alyse on what to do before reaching menopausal stage to avoid sexual intercourse
– How PROSAYLA can help support women
– Hormones: A Game Changer
– Advice from Dr. Alyse
Links and Resources:
International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health
Dr. Alyse Kelly Jones’ Videos in Vimeo
Information about Novant Health Women’s Sexual Health & Wellness
Books recommended by Dr. Alyse Kelly Jones:
She Comes First: The Thinking Man’s Guide to Pleasuring a Woman
Becoming Cliterate: Why Orgasm Equality Matters–And How to Get It
Connect with Dr. Alyse Kelly Jones
Dr. Alyse Kelly Jones’ Hotline – 704-412-8877
Connect with Gail Buck: