“In the face of what’s going in our lives, all that, those small fears didn’t matter, it was what will I do with my one short life.”– Alison Pena
Losing someone you love can be one of the most painful experiences you’ll ever have to endure. While there’s no one way to avoid intense feelings of grief, there are healthier ways to come to terms with your loss.
In this episode, Gail had a very engaging conversation with Alison Pena aka “The Bad Widow”, who had to deal with the loss of her husband of 25 years. Alison’s husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer but it did not stop him from still playing tennis even as his balance was waning or completing his last painting days before his death. It was that kind of spirit that made them LIVE to the fullest all the days they have left together.
Highlights of the episode …
– Why does Alison call herself the Bad Widow?
– What were the things that Alison was doing before her husband got sick? (…Was she able to do those things even when her husband got sick?)
– When emotions come up at an inconvenient time, what should you do?
– What are the types of grieving shifts in the grieving process?
– Why is grieving difficult when you don’t have someone else to have a sense of touch with?
– What was the form of self-care Alison did to get through her grief?
– In the coaching that Alison did, what was the difference between before and after her husband passed away?
– Gail shared her grieving experience over an adult son with a drug addiction that has lasted for several years.
– What is the real essence of being called “The Bad Widow? (…How do you come back to yourself after grieving?)
– How did Alison reinvent herself with the dating site Bumble and found true love again?
– What was different about Wayne (her new love) that Alison was able to get past the feelings of betrayal and guilt from the death of her husband?
– Did Alison have to rebuild her network differently after her husband’s death?
– Some insightful parting words from Alison Pena.
Book of Alsion Pena – The Bad Widow Guide to Life After Loss: Moving Through Grief to Live and Love Again by Alison Pena
David Beynon Pena Art for Sale, represented by Alison Pena
Connect with Alison Pena:
Email address: [email protected]