The biggest factor to longevity is in the diet. The saying that “You are what you eat.” is exactly true in the sense that what you take in your mouth can do a lot with your body and well-being. Evidence-based studies show that eating more whole plant-based foods can reverse chronic diseases, end the frustrating dieting cycle, lose weight and get off medications.
Drs. Arjun and Shobha Rayapudi are both board-certified lifestyle medicine doctors and co-founders of Gift of Health, a nonprofit organization based in Newfoundland, Canada, dedicated to revolutionizing lives through lifestyle medicine. Through in-person and online workshops, they have helped hundreds of people prevent and reverse chronic diseases, end the frustrating dieting cycle, lose weight and get off medications. Their life-saving work was featured in the documentary “Plantify,” broadcast on the national Canadian Broadcasting Corp (CBC) TV.
Their mission is to bring the Gift of Health experience to a broader audience all over the world through online programs.
Listen and be inspired in reaching your highest health!
Highlights of the episode …
– What prompted the doctors to shift from traditional medicine in favor of healthy eating?
– Plant-based diet is the key to longevity.
– Why don’t the doctors recommend oil, not even olive oil?
– What are the other factors that contribute to longevity aside from diet?
– Information on the six-week online course offered by the Gift of Health that includes yoga and meditation
– Why cholesterol matters as part of the overall healthy lifestyle? (…Can a plant-based diet lower high cholesterol even though it is part of a person’s genetics?)
– What makes people with food sensitivities disappear with a plant-based diet?
– Do we really stay away from fruits because of sugar?
– Advice from the couple doctors on self-care and self-love.
Book mentioned by the Dr. Arjun Rayapudi – “Undo It!: How Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases” by Dean Ornish M.D. and Anne Ornish