Addiction and Recovery – Things You Can Do to Help Your Adult Child
Thanks for joining us today for our Addiction Recovery Masterclass
For a FREE Resource Guide and Information about our upcoming Webinar with Mike Speakman on the "5 Things you can do NOW to help you child with SUD" click on the links or go to https://gailruthbuck.com/addiction-recovery-webinar/.
In this episode, we have compiled parts of previous episodes that include Mike Speakman, Founder of Palgroup.org. Mike is a Life Coach and Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor with a passion for helping parents save a loved one from addiction. His knowledge comes from a successful career of helping addicts and alcoholics in residential treatment centers since 1988. You can find Mike at speakmancoaching.com
Shelly Young, mother, author of Recoverthemother, A forward-thinking, paradigm-shifting, emotional, spiritual wellness column for the Mothers of children, young and adults with substance use/addiction or in recovery.
Niel Brooks, Father, Businessman, Realtor who is passionate about helping Fathers like himself, navigate the addiction space.
Highlights of the episode:
- Learn how we have also experienced trauma as mothers.
- How do stigma and Shame contribute to ongoing addiction?
- How stigma is the biggest barrier to people seeking the help they need?
- How words MATTER - the danger of labels.
- How to spot the first signs of addiction.
- The harsh realities of the effects of addictions.
- Magic moments with Mike.
- A better understanding of addiction and substance overuse.
You can find the original full episodes @I love me lab with Gail Buck
Don't forget to download your free resource guide HERE
And to register or get additional information on our upcoming webinar HERE!
Connect with Gail Buck: